Back-End Senior Developer
At Evinance, we believe that the most effective healthcare decisions happen when doctors and patients make them together. So we’ve developed the first shared decision support platform that unites patient values with the latest evidence-based guidelines to enable better outcomes through Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems. We’re seeking a dynamic candidate who’s as passionate as us about improving patient care, and who wants to play a key role in the growth of our product and business. Our initial focus is Oncology, with plans to expand into additional medical domains such as Cardiology, Diabetes, Long term care, etc.
The Back-End Senior Developer is responsible for managing the interchange of data between servers and the users. The primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end and from other servers. You may also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well. Being a small team allows our employees to make key decisions and take ownership over their projects.
- Working closely with stakeholders to apply best practices & deliver great results in an agile environment
- Contribute primarily to the design and development of our ever evolving RESTful API.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Take ownership of design, development and testing of all data transformation, extraction and migration
- 5+ years of proven enterprise experience, building high availability, scalable and performant software
- Proficient in Java and Spring framework
- Hands on experience with performance tuning and good understanding of Java memory model
- Full understanding of HTTP protocol, Web services and REST
- Experience with user authentication & authorization between multiple systems, servers, environments
- Data parsing (JSON), migration, transformation, generation and scripting
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
- Basic understanding of Angular JS, Bootstrap, CSS, HTML/XHTML, AJAX
- SQL, Mongo DB
- Working knowledge of application servers; Wildfly or JBoss.
- Solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures and algorithms
- Experience with version control software (Git)
- Strong knowledge of software design patterns, particularly MVC and Publish–subscribe pattern
- Highly motivated, dedicated, creative, productive and ability to deliver on time
- Bonus: Experience with healthcare informatics domain knowledge: FHIR, DICOM, HL7, HIS, RIS, PACS, EHR.
Evinance Innovation Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank everyone who submits a resume for these positions. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.